Quartz Elements from Quartz Infrared, Inc. provide medium-wave infrared energy with fast heat up and cool down. With element temperatures ranging from 1000 °F (537°C) to 2000°F (1093°C) the elements produce infrared energy in the 2 to 3.5 micron range. Lower operating temperatures produce longer wave lengths. Quartz Infrared offers both clear and satin (translucent) quartz. Clear quartz radiates about 95% of the infrared energy directly, whereas satin quartz absorbs about 35% of the energy and radiates it at a longer wavelength.
Depending on the design, our elements can reach full output in as little as 30 seconds and typically cool down to 50 percent output in under 15 seconds. The quartz element is ideal for applications where process stoppages are anticipated or a quick heat up or cool down is necessary. The elements can be turned off between production runs to save energy, and/or can have their output controlled with inexpensive dials for precise control.
- Standard watt densities up to 80 W/in of heated length (32W/cm), and up to 100 W/in by request*
- Element temperatures up to 2000°F (1093°C)
Features and Benefits
- Fast delivery (in as little as 2 days*) on all standard replacement elements means less downtime, or JIT delivery. Typical lead time is days, not weeks.
- Termination styles are available for virtually every application on the market, as well as custom terminations.*
- Ceramic end caps can be bonded to the quartz tubing ends, to provide a rigid support for terminations, or un-bonded also available.
- Minimal visible light is created due to low emission in the visible spectrum. No need to shade operators eyes.
- No process contamination occurs with this clean heat source. Can be used in virtually any environment (except vacuums and volatile fumes).
- Direct Radiation means little energy is wasted heating the surrounding area. Your target material absorbs the energy directly.
Typical Tipped Cap Style
Typical Flat Cap Style
Outside diameter (nominal/actual):
- 3/8 inch/0.394 inch (10 mm)
- 1/2 inch/0.472 inch (12 mm)
- 5/8 inch/0.630 inch (16 mm)
Ceramic end caps (Flat Caps):
- 3/8 inch tube: 11/16 inch dia. X 1/2 inch long (17 X 13 mm)
- 1/2 inch tube: 3/4 inch dia. X 1/2 inch long (19 X 13 mm)
- 5/8 inch tube: 7/8 inch dia. X 1/2 inch long (22 X 13 mm)
- Numerous tipped caps of varying sizes. Follow this link for additional details: Standard End Caps
- 3/8 inch tube: 4 inches to 60 inches (100 mm to 1524 mm)
- 1/2 and 5/8 inch tubes: 4 inches to 110 inches (100mm to 2880mm), longer by special request.
- 3/8, 1/2, and 5/8 inch tubes: 4 inches to 51 inches (100mm to 1300mm), longer by special request.
- Tube+Ceramic: ±.050 inch (1.25 mm)
- Heated length: ± 1/4 inch (6.3 mm)
1 inch (25 mm) standard
- 3/8 inch tubes: 6-32 thread x ½ inch
- 1/2 inch tubes: 8-32 thread x ½ inch
- 5/8 inch tube: 10-32 thread x ½ inch
- Other lengths available
- Lead wires
- Buss wire
- Bushing (7/16 dia)
- Spring socket
+/- 5 percent
600 volts, but varies by element length, Contact us for specifics
* Contact us for further details on:
- Fast delivery
- Custom terminations, including custom ceramics
- Higher watt density
Use our Contact Form to request more information.